Dr JAMUNA THEVI A/P KALITHEERTHA THEVAR
INDUSTRIAL CENTRE OF INNOVATION IN BIO-MEDICAL
A Senior Researcher in Industrial Centre of Innovation in Biomedical, SIRIM Industrial Research, SIRIM Berhad.
- Conceived and accomplished research & development career of 20 years experience in 22 various technical projects on biomaterials and industrial innovation projects for medical device companies.
- As a team member and project leader, won multiple awards at international expositions, in recognition of research excellence. Among others, Special Award from Association of British Inventors and Innovators at Malaysia Technology Exposition, 2020.
- Bone graft materials, biocomposites with antimicrobial agents and antimicrobial coatings for hard tissue regeneration/ applications.
- Recognised as an efficient, resourceful, creative person and problem solver with visionary leadership quality.
- Risk management, anti-bribery management, key partnership development, budget forecasting and tactical project planning.
Award & Recognitions
- Gold medal for the invention of 'Multi functional biocomposite membrane for guided bone regenerative therapy in dentistry and orthopaedics.' at the 19th International Expo on inventions and innovations, Malaysia Technology Expo (MTE) 2020 on 20-22 February 2020 at PWTC, Kuala Lumpur.
- Special award by Association of British Inventors and Innovators: Invention and Innovation Awards 2020 presented at the 19th International Expo on inventions and innovations, Malaysia Technology Expo (MTE) 2020 on 20-22 February 2020 at PWTC, Kuala Lumpur for the invention of 'Multi functional biocomposite membrane for guided bone regenerative therapy in dentistry and orthopaedics'.
- BIOMATERIALS AND ITS SOURCES
- MATERIALS ANALYSIS AND CHARACTERISTICS
- SYNTHESIS OF BIOMATERIALS
- POLYMER MATERIALS
- CERAMIC MATERIALS
- METALLIC MATERIALS
- COMPOSITE MATERIALS
- BIOCOMPATIBILITY OF BIOMATERIALS
- DEGRADATION OF BIOMATERIALS
- WOUND MANAGEMENT
- BIOMEDICAL IMPLANTS
- MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF BIOMEDICAL IMPLANTS
- CHEMICAL PROPERTIES
- MATERIALS COATING VIA VAPOUR DEPOSITION PLASMA SPRAY & CHEMICAL ROUTE
- CORROSION PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS OF BIOMEDICAL IMPLANTS
- HARD COATING TECHNOLOGY